Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of ROI-driven custom web and mobile development specializing in delivery of full-service, end-to-end solutions and project resources to Fortune 500 companies, SMEs and startups. We help our clients attack their ambitious business goals, solve skills shortage issues and become innovative by building Dedicated Software Development Teams in Ukraine and/or providing on-demand IT project resources to complete required skills on their in-house teams.
Our primary goal in partnering with our clients is to exceed their expectations and foster an ongoing relationship that envelopes innovation, industry leadership and business strategy while delivering products that bring exceptional user experience, brand elevation and market dominance.
We are looking for an expert PostgreSQL DBA with extensive experience in schema and database design, data modeling, and query performance tuning.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a PostgreSQL DBA for production databases.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL 9.6 running in AWS, either as EC2 or RDS instances.
- Extensive experience in query performance tuning on PostgreSQL with operational and analytical workloads.
- Experience in advanced data modeling techniques, partitioning, sharding of large data sets and data segmentation techniques.
- Fluent in writing and optimizing PL/pgSQL code.
- Experience of working with complex databases at large scales in Cloud environments.
- Deep understanding of performance tuning, query optimization and database data models.
- Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills from different groups within the organization.
- Advanced English.
- Opportunity to work on challenging and exciting international projects;
- Competitive salary based on your skills, experience, and customer satisfaction;
- Casual, positive and open work environment;
- Opportunity to advance career and grow as a professional;
- Long-term employment with 24-28 paid calendar vacation days;
- Paid personal or sick leave day’s scheme;
- Friendly team and flat organizational structure;
- Regular knowledge sharing meet-ups and events;
- English lessons with a native speaker.