Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of ROI-driven custom web and mobile development specializing in delivery of full-service, end-to-end solutions and project resources to Fortune 500 companies, SMEs and startups. We help our clients attack their ambitious business goals, solve skills shortage issues and become innovative by building Dedicated Software Development Teams in Ukraine and/or providing on-demand IT project resources to complete required skills on their in-house teams.
Our primary goal in partnering with our clients is to exceed their expectations and foster an ongoing relationship that envelopes innovation, industry leadership and business strategy while delivering products that bring exceptional user experience, brand elevation and market dominance.
Our client is looking for an experienced Hadoop Administrator that can lead Hadoop implementation projects from the technological aspects, perform capacity planning, deploy and provide on-going maintenance and support for live clusters.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in managing production Hadoop clusters running on physical hardware using Cloudera 5.X, including all infrastructure aspects such cluster provisioning & administration.
- 2+ years of in-depth and hands-on experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem query engines: Impala, HIVE, Tez, Presto, etc…
- 2+ years of implementing high-grade security on Hadoop using data-at-rest encryption, auditing as well as Ranger and/or Sentry.
- 2+ years of experience in monitoring production Hadoop environments using Cloudera manager.
- 2+ years of Hadoop data modeling including table partitioning models, deep understanding of Parquet file, SequenceFiles, etc…
- Experience in writing and deploying production Oozie pipelines.
- Experience with Spark programming concepts (does not need to be a developer), performance tuning, memory sizing and administrating Spark Master and Executors.
- Experience in planning Hadoop for production including sizing and pre/post-deployment processes.
- Experience in data replication across Hadoop clusters using DistCP or alternative solutions
- 1+ years of experience in MongoDB administration including sharding and replication – a big plus!
- Advanced English.
- Opportunity to work on challenging and exciting international projects;
- Competitive salary based on your skills, experience, and customer satisfaction;
- Casual, positive and open work environment;
- Opportunity to advance career and grow as a professional;
- Long-term employment with 24-28 paid calendar vacation days;
- Paid personal or sick leave day’s scheme;
- Friendly team and flat organizational structure;
- Regular knowledge sharing meet-ups and events;
- English lessons with a native speaker.